Re: Linux Core Consortium

Steve,

Henrique answered your question. There has been some divergence between various distributions regarding the naming and especially the versioning of these libraries. We would heal that fork to increase compatibility. Doing that means that some names and version tags are going to change for some people. Of course we want to see everyone involved bearing some of that load, rather than Debian bearing the lion's share of it.

    Thanks

    Bruce