Simultaneous loading of e100 and eepro100 by hotplug

Using kernel 2.6 on Sarge, hotplug insist on loading both modules e100
and eepro100 when at least one Intel Etherexpress PCI is present in the
machine. I feel like loading two modules for the same hardware is
generally a bad idea.

Currently, I blacklist one of them in hotplug
(/etc/hotplug/blacklist.d), but wonder if it should not be done by
default in the hotplug package.

I guess that the good fix would be to fix both kernel modules not to
allow them to load if the other is already managing the hardware.

Should I submit a bugreport on hotplug or on the kernel?