Re: murphy is listed on spamcop

In article <[🔎] 20041126140605.GA28464@uio.no>,
Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 02:02:00PM +0000, paddy wrote:
>> In which case, is there something fundamentally broken about the spamcop
>> system ?  Or is there some technically insoluble problem here ?
>
>The problem is that SpamCop is way too trigger happy; they will blacklist
>anything just given that enough random SpamCop users report "spam came via
>this machine", and they never even send e-mail to the people they blacklist.

They do send e-mail to the people they blacklist. I read the postmaster
and sometimes the abuse mailbox at an ISP, and I see lots of notices
from spamcop.

Now I do agree that if you use the spamcop RBL to plainly reject
mail, that is probably too much since you can get into spamcop
way too easily. I'd recommend that to noone. But for a few
spamassassin scoring points, it's just fine.

Mike.