Re: murphy is listed on spamcop

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 09:02:16PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> They do send e-mail to the people they blacklist. I read the postmaster
> and sometimes the abuse mailbox at an ISP, and I see lots of notices
> from spamcop.

I was administering (together with a few others) the mail server for a
temporary B-net for a computer party this year; the mail server sent out only
a couple thousand e-mails at all in a week, yet got listed by SpamCop.
postmaster@<the machine> received no e-mail, the contact in the SOA zone
received no e-mail, the person listed as reponsible for the netblock in RIPE
(which has to be identical to the SOA zone, IIRC) received no e-mail. So, at
least they didn't send e-mail to me :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/