Re: New method for Packages/Sources file updates

Moin Goswin!
Goswin von Brederlow schrieb am Donnerstag, den 25. November 2004:

> Hi,
>
> I know the idea of better ways to update the Packages/Sources file
> comes up frequently but below I present a simple and efficient way of
> achieving reduced traffic (<1% of now), reduced (server) cpu load (due

My current "solution" for this problem is a hack called apt-dupdate,
based on another hack (apt-dupdate). Works well in my environment,
though. As long as you don't try it in the time when the local mirror is
beeing updated.

http://people.debian.org/~blade/testing/apt-dupdate_0.3_i386.deb

Package: apt-dupdate
Version: 0.3
 apt-dupdate is a an experimental tool to extend apt-get with new
 functionality - speedup of the update operation by using prepared patch files
 instead of the complete redownload of Packages and sources files during the
 update operation.
installed-size: 28

Regards,
Eduard.
--
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.
And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in the terrible