Re: New method for Packages/Sources file updates

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> The apt rsync method (begining of 128818) for packages updates, of
> which there are several fully working versions out too, does put a big
> strain on mirrors and is realy no suitable.

There was also an ITP for a client-side rsync method that puts the load
on the client side, and which was intended to solve the same problem,
eventually. I didn't bother to read the details, though.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich