Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Now I think the original SC meant computer programs only (indeed it mixed
>> the terms programs and software). The latest SC changed all the
>> references to software and uses the new definition.
>
> Bruce is on record as saying that he meant it to refer to all data in
> Debian. On the other hand, this is never explicitly stated in the thread
> that preceeded the vote. It's possible that the majority of people who
> voted for it disagreed, but there's no way to ever know that.

As I recall, what Bruce said was more along of the lines of he intended
the DFSG to cover everything on a (or "the", at the time?) Debian CD.
I'm not really sure of the history involved and whether at the time
there was a direct correlation between the Debian CD and the Debian
"main" archive.

--
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!