Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:

> Now I think the original SC meant computer programs only (indeed it mixed
> the terms programs and software). The latest SC changed all the
> references to software and uses the new definition.

Bruce is on record as saying that he meant it to refer to all data in
Debian. On the other hand, this is never explicitly stated in the thread
that preceeded the vote. It's possible that the majority of people who
voted for it disagreed, but there's no way to ever know that.

On the other hand, it is possible to say with a decent amount of
conviction that the people who voted in the most recent GR were aware of
what the consequences would be. You may not agree.

> I'm not really sure why we're having this discussion again though.
> The majority of GR voters disagrees with me.

Indeed.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org