Re: boot sequence of a Debian/unstable system

Hello Javier,

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 11:52:50AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> I wonder if it's really the same, you are including entering into the GNOME
> desktop in the profile (there are processes such as the gnome-keyring
> daemon and nautilus..), whileas Ziga did not (it stopped when Gdm was
> started). Did you actually log in to the desktop environment?
I use gdm auto-login, so yes, in the end I was logged in and
the machine was ready for me to start working on it.

To get everything until gdm starts just ignore the rightmost part
of the picture.  You can easily find the point where gdm is first
started (at second 36.8).  I also produced a second picture which
which does not include the GNOME start-up.  I added it to the

    http://seehuhn.de/comp/bootlog.html

page.

> I would like to see that same graphics with a standard Debian sarge
> installation (i.e. just d-i with task 'desktop' installed and nothing
> else).
Yes, this would be useful.  I do not have a spare system to produce one,
but my scripts are on the web page.  Anybody?

All the best,
Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/