Re: Synching mirrors and clients (was: Re: apt-proxy v2 and rsync)

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 05:46:55PM +0100, Otto Wyss wrote:

> Now if you feel advantous, repack as many package on the source mirror
> with gzip --rsyncable and notice the difference.

Exactly how is this going to help?  I can only see this as being
useful when the files change.  Files should never change.  You
get a completly new file.  Unless you can somehow tell to use the
old file as base, this is not going to help.

Kurt