Re: Documentation on handling of orig.tar.gz files for Developer's Reference or for Debian Policy

Scripsit Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>

> And if you take the combination of both: Upstream source that
> contains non-DFSG material and forbids to use the DFSG-free parts
> without explicitly referring to the removed non-DFSG-free parts,
> well, IANAL, and IANARODL[2], but I wouldn't like this.

IAARODL. If the DFSG-free part cannot be distributed without the
non-DFSG-free parts, then it was never DFSG-free in the first place.

--
Henning Makholm                         "This imposes the restriction on any
                                  procedure statement that the kind and type