Re: Apt-Torrent project

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 12:42:32PM -0400, Mike Furr wrote:
> However, I do feel that having a p2p backend to apt is a very
> interesting and feasible distribution method.  There is a lot of
> structure in the way Debian lays out its archive, from the Package files
> to the .deb's themselves, which can be exploited to make this very
> efficient.

An interesting experiment would be simply cat-ing all the .debs together and
extend BT in some way to just fetch the parts (ie. the .debs) that it needs
(and likewise, only mirror hotspots). I don't know enough about the BT
protocol to know if this is feasible or not, but it does at least sound
interesting :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/