membership and question

Hi guys

I am very interested in the Debian project.

I am just came back to Lunix after some years out of this field, an dthis is the first time I get a completly empty Linux machine.

I need to install de developer package because many product require "make" in order to be installed.

my questions are:

- How to install the developer package and thus be abe to use the "make"
- How to become member of this branch?
-Is there any branch specialized in Java development?

Saludos
Maquina

P.S By branch I mean a mailng list specialized in a specific Debian project?

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/