Re: $HOME/.dotfiles and FHS 2.3

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> writes:

>>     * Window Maker stores its configuration across several files and
>>       directories under ~/GNUstep (configurable) (and no, I won't change
>>       the default because it's configurable via an environment variable)
>
> I was always annoyed by this, and it's not easy to find the solution in
> the documentation (I only learned of the environment variable in this
> thread). Why not change the default, when everybody can get back the
> original buggy behavior by setting an environment variable?

Why not simply make it search for ~/GNUstep, and when that isn't
found, ~/.GNUstep or something like that - would retain full
compatibility.

Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at

Any technology not indistinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
   -- Terry Pratchett