Re: Apt-Torrent project

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 10:35:53AM +0200, Arnaud Kyheng wrote:
> I love the Debian project, and I have worked on a new development for
> it: Apt-Torrent :)
>
> Apt-Torrent is an apt proxy to the Bittorrent network. For security, the
> package listing, and the .torrent files are downloaded from a regular
> http server, as usual for a package, but then the whole package is
> fetched via bittorrent protocol and forwarded to apt :)

[...]

> I would like to know what do you think of it :)

Well, I don't do P2P myself so much, but from what I know of it, this sounds
like a pretty cool thing, if it gets off the ground and gets a lot of users.

If we can get individually-signed .debs, you won't even need to worry so
much about getting the torrent files off a trusted mirror...

At any rate, it looks good, and I, for one, hope to see a lot more about it
in the future.

- Matt