Re: Subversion / swig1.3

* John Lenz [Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:02:43 +0000]:
> On 10/26/04 16:35:35, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> >On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 01:39:15PM +0200, Philipp Hug wrote:
> >> subversion depends on swig >= 1.3.22-2 which is in unstable. but it's
> >not
> >> in testing yet because swig cannot be put into testing because it would
> >> break subversion 1.0.6-2 ;-)
> >> did I miss something or is this just a bug in the testing script and
> >needs
> >> manual hinting?

> >Yes, it needs manual hinting and we're aware of this. But it needs to
> >wait for libhid anyway (two days), so there is no hurry to install the
> >necessary hint.

> I am a swig developer lurking on this list.  Building the SWIG runtime
> library (which is what causes subversion to depend on SWIG) has been
> depreciated since 1.3.20, which was released almost a year ago.  About a
> week ago, I removed the ability to build the runtime libraries in SWIG CVS,
> and so in the next version (1.3.23) you will not be able to build them at
> all.  We are planning for a release in a week or two.

  I am forwarding this information to the subversion maintainer(s), just
  to make sure it doesn't get lost.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud: after a
while, you realize the pig is enjoying it.