Re: RFS: kmenc15 - An advanced Qt/KDE MEncoder frontend.

On Thursday 28 October 2004 01:57, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> > A package in main must not depend on any software outside of main, and
> > must be DFSG-free; A package in contrib must be DFSG-free; A package in
> > non-free must be legally distributable by Debian.
> >
> > There are no further restrictions than the above.
>
> Perhaps that's true -- I must do a little reading. However, if you
> upload a package to contrib that build-depends on a package not in
> contrib or non-free, you'll get a FTBFS RC bug filed against you
> before you blink. To me, a package in contrib with an unfixable RC bug
> should not be in the archive.

My package build depends are all in main. As far as I can tell, yes, my
program belongs and has no problem being in contrib. Which brings me still
back to my original question which no one has yet to answer. What can I do to
find a sponsor?... I have almost given up hope...

- ods15