Re: RFS: kmenc15 - An advanced Qt/KDE MEncoder frontend.

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 05:23, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   That's not surprising.  Policy says (section 2.2.2, "The contrib
> section"):
>
> Examples of packages which would be included in contrib or non-US/contrib
> are:
>
>     * free packages which require contrib, non-free packages or packages
> which are not in our archive at all for compilation or execution, and *
> wrapper packages or other sorts of free accessories for non-free programs.

OK, either I am misreading, or you just prooved me right:
> * free packages which require [..] packages which are not in our archive at
> all for compilation or execution

My program == free program
MPlayer == package which is not in the Debian archives at all.

According to that, MPlayer doesn't need to be in the Debian archives for my
program to be in contrib!...

Am I misunderstanding?..

- ods15