Re: Ubuntu discussion at planet.debian.org

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 01:37:21AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >> This is incorrect, t-p-u is indeed supported by buildds -- though
> >> this paragraph seems to be more like a rant than anything else.

> > Okay, it's a month old, but there hasn't been any since.
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/09/msg00005.html
> > "We are also still missing official autobuilders for
> > testing-proposed-updates on alpha and mips.  All other architectures
> > appear to be keeping up with t-p-u uploads."

> 	Missing a buildd on an arch or too is a far cry from t-p-u
>  being unsupported.

Unfortunately, nothing in t-p-u can be safely accepted into testing until
it's been built for all relevant architectures.  While having 9 out of 11
architectures building t-p-u is better than still needing all 11 archs to be
set up for it, the practical, visible impact *today* on testing is the same;
it just means that the "tomorrow" when we can use t-p-u for its intended
purpose is likely a little closer.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer