Re: TG3 firmware report...

Thomas writes:
> In cases like this one, what has happened is that the copyright holder
> has simply failed to make legal distribution possible, by saying "you
> must distribute complete source" and then failing to provide it.

He has provided what he claims is source.  If he sues me for redistributing
all of what I got from him after he told me it included source he will be
laughed out of court.

> So the only way to comply with the license in such a case is simply to do
> no distribution at all.

You just have to refrain from distributing derivatives that are
combinations of such bungled works and ones that are properly GPL'd (or get
permission of the authors of the properly GPL'd works).
--
John Hasler