Re: possible mass bug filing: spamassassin 3

On 10/08/2004 07:25 PM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Duncan Findlay
> | A lot of that is shared, but not reported as such by top/ps due to
> | changes in how the kernel reports shared memory. The kernel only
> | reports memory that is used in shared libraries, I believe. More
> | memory is shared between spamd and it's children.
> My system ran out of swap, with 768MB memory and half a gig of swap.
> Problems went away when I downgraded to SA2.  If SA uses more than 100
> MB shared memory, I'd say something is seriously wrong anyhow.

please read the SA3 man page. it doesn't open spamd on demand, but it
runs them permanently, but each can have (default) 200 conenctions.
therefore you can set the "how many daemons max" flag to 2 or so,
because then you can handle 400 parallel connections. should be enought
for home ...

lg, clemens

Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)