Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> FWIW, I think that every upload to the security archive should be
> accompanied by a security advisory. I wouldn't be at all surprised if
> the security team felt that uploads that don't merit security advisories
> were an inappropriate use of their archive.

On the other hand, volatile.debian.org should have a team that acts
similarly to the security team, watching that strict criteria are met by
possible uploads. Therefore it might still be a good idea to ask the
security team

- whether they volunteer to take over that task, or

- whether they are willing to offer a new "volatile" team some "training
  on the job" help.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster