Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)
* Stephen Gran (firstname.lastname@example.org) [041004 17:10]:
> So, now that this thread has been going on for a little while, I wanted
> to see what the consensus among RM's is: are we going to allow updates
> for these programs in sarge or do we have to resort to out of band
> updates, like volatile.debian.net (or p.d.o or whatever)?
> I would like to know so I can decide whether to file a bug for removal
> of clamav from sarge.
Frankly speaking, the question whether to include clamav or not in sarge
is IMHO not a question whether volatile exists or not. Either clamav is
stable enough to be part of a stable release or not.
Speaking only for myself
PGP 1024/89FB5CE5 DC F1 85 6D A6 45 9C 0F 3B BE F1 D0 C5 D1 D9 0C