Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 12:08:42PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> writes:
> > I am under the impression that 'normal procedures' does not involve
> > updating the application to catch new threats.  If I'm wrong, then there
> > is no need for this entire thread.
>
> Talk to the security team.  Talk to the security team.  Talk to the
> security team.

Thomas, that's enough. Other people have legitimate disagreements with
your preferred approach; rude use of repeated assertion is not going to
automatically win you the argument.

FWIW, I think that every upload to the security archive should be
accompanied by a security advisory. I wouldn't be at all surprised if
the security team felt that uploads that don't merit security advisories
were an inappropriate use of their archive.

Cheers,