Re: ITP: cddb.bundle -- CDDB Bundle for GNUstep

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 07:40:06PM -0800, D. Starner wrote:
> > I just installed the textedit.app package; it pulled in a few GNUstep
> > libraries, but not a complete desktop environment.
>
> Do the GNUstep libs still start a demon at startup? Last time I
> checked, they did, instead of starting them only if you were running
> a GNUstep program, like KDE and GNOME do.

I am not sure what you mean by startup.

When the libraries were loaded, they started a few daemons, but, I
believe KDE and GNOME libraries do the same thing. Again, how is GNUstep
any different in this regard than the other desktop environments?

If you mean when X11 was started, then, no, the GNUstep libraries did
not load daemons when I started X11. I fail to see how they would.

--
gram