Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 19:14, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> [2004.10.04.1945 +0200]:
> > AFAIK, any DD can upload to backports.org -- ergo, exactly the
> > same risk of trojans as with Debian itself.
>
> It's just DD's, or anyone?

Just DDs. (To be precise, the package must have been built by someone
with a key in the Debian keyring).

> > stable, and componentized: you can have a sources.list entry
> > requestion only subversion and dependencies, or only spamassassin
> > and dependencies, etc etc etc.
>
> Are the dependencies automatically provided if I add a spamassassin
> line?

Yes.
http://backports.org/debian/dists/woody/spamassassin/binary-i386/Packages.gz contains debconf{,-{doc,utils}} 1.2.35 as well as the SpamAssassin packages. All other dependencies can (iirc) be fulfilled from stock woody.

Adam