Re: Next reboot script execution framework

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 05:54:15PM +0200, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> Is there a framework for executing once a script at next reboot in
> Debian (Sarge|Sid)? Any idea of a "clean" way to do it?

"CLEAN": I do not know.

The only thing very close to what you mention is done in d-i/boot-floppy
type set up. Everyone reboots and gets a script run once, (do you
remember?).

/sbin/init can be a script which eventually replace it with the real one
but execute something before everything.

(I think if you do this for a normal Debian system, I am afraid that it
may be very unpopular even with proper dpkg-divert usage.  So please do
not blame me for this trick.  I am not advocating this.  Just a fact.)

Osamu