Re: Moving libusb to /lib (was: [Re: nut: final stage of shutdown doesn't work if /usr is a in separate filesystem])

> According to the FHS [2], libusb should so be
> installed in /lib. The other option is to compile
> newhidups statically with libusb.

First option is a good one !

> There are pros and cons for both solution, but
> I (as upstream and DD) am more for the first.

I think so

> Note that I've previously contacted libusb maintainer
> (salut Aurelien) to talk with him about that.

What does he say about this ?

> Feedback and comments are welcomed...

I think that (if it's statically linked to libusb) :
- newhidups updates would be longer
- nut maintainer (you) would have useless work to do
- fhs says :
The /lib directory contains those shared library images needed to boot
the system and run the commands in the root filesystem,
ie. by binaries in /bin and /sbin.

We need to run a command in the root filesystem.

Furthermore
- the package is unusable now

nb