Re: Nice ideas about a bug tracking system

Hi

I very much agree that a means to group bugs together would very
much help with some packages. I myself had to deal with quite
big bug listings when I adopted autofs and devfsd. The situation
with aptitude also repelled me when I wanted to look into it and
maybe help fixing some issues.

It would help a lot to be able to:
- filter bug listings by tags (eg "list all bugs tagged patch"
  or the opposite).
- separate feature requests from bugs. This could be done as a
  tag.
- Provide a way to add custom markers (this could be tags or
  strings in the bug subject) to bugs and filter the bug
  listings by these.

A way to search _all_ reports in the bts would be helpful too
doing research on bugs (do other package experience similar
problems?  Who's to blame? does anybody have a fix for this?), I
am not shure how much of the BTS is being indexed by google and
how up-to-date that indexing is.

ciao, 2ri
--
Secure email, spread GPG, clearsign all mail. http://www.gnupg.org