weird font corruption caused by scrolling

Package: mozilla-firefox
Version: 0.9.3-5
Severity: normal

[ I'm CC:ing -devel because I have the sneaky feeling other developers
who can provide additional feedback are experiencing this bug. If that's
really not the case feel free to LART me. ]

I'm not sure whether this bug is the fault of:

* GTK+
* Fontconfig
* Firefox
* Pango
* Xft (-> xfree86)
* Freetype
* Font corruption gnomes

so feel free to reassign this bug if you have a better idea of where it
should go.

Anyway, here it is: When there's text in Firefox's browser window that's
cut off at the bottom of the window by the statusbar, on the next scroll
that line of text becomes corrupted, as if it forgot about the pixels
drawn at the intersectionwith the status line.

This is illustrated here:
http://people.debian.org/~joshk/font-corruption.png

To un-corrupt the text, scroll around again and/or highlight the
corrupted text in question with the mouse. It's rather annoying.

I'd say this is a major "pet peeve" issue for me.. It's only popped up
rather recently.

Thanks
Josh

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (499, 'testing'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.9-rc2
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (ignored: LC_ALL set to en_US.UTF-8)

Versions of packages mozilla-firefox depends on:
ii  debianutils               2.9            Miscellaneous utilities specific t
ii  fontconfig                2.2.3-1        generic font configuration library
ii  libatk1.0-0               1.6.1-3        The ATK accessibility toolkit
ii  libc6                     2.3.2.ds1-16   GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
ii  libfontconfig1            2.2.3-1        generic font configuration library
ii  libfreetype6              2.1.7-2.2      FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii  libgcc1                   1:3.4.2-2      GCC support library
ii  libglib2.0-0              2.4.6-2        The GLib library of C routines
ii  libgtk2.0-0               2.4.9-2        The GTK+ graphical user interface
ii  libidl0                   0.8.3-1        library for parsing CORBA IDL file
ii  libjpeg62                 6b-9           The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG
ii  libpango1.0-0             1.4.1-2        Layout and rendering of internatio
ii  libpng12-0                1.2.5.0-7      PNG library - runtime
ii  libstdc++5                1:3.3.4-11     The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libx11-6                  4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X Window System protocol client li
ii  libxext6                  4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X Window System miscellaneous exte
ii  libxft2                   2.1.2-6        FreeType-based font drawing librar
ii  libxp6                    4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X Window System printing extension
ii  libxrender1               0.8.3-7        X Rendering Extension client libra
ii  libxt6                    4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X Toolkit Intrinsics
ii  psmisc                    21.5-1         Utilities that use the proc filesy
ii  xlibs                     4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X Window System client libraries m
ii  zlib1g                    1:1.2.1.2-1    compression library - runtime

-- no debconf information