Re: weird font corruption caused by scrolling

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 08:23:44PM -0700, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> Package: mozilla-firefox
> Version: 0.9.3-5
> Severity: normal
>
> [ I'm CC:ing -devel because I have the sneaky feeling other developers
> who can provide additional feedback are experiencing this bug. If that's
> really not the case feel free to LART me. ]

You shouldn't use CC.  Instead you should use X-Debbugs-CC so that the
bug address is used instead of submit@bugs.

[...]
> Anyway, here it is: When there's text in Firefox's browser window that's
> cut off at the bottom of the window by the statusbar, on the next scroll
> that line of text becomes corrupted, as if it forgot about the pixels
> drawn at the intersectionwith the status line.
>
> This is illustrated here:
> http://people.debian.org/~joshk/font-corruption.png
>
> To un-corrupt the text, scroll around again and/or highlight the
> corrupted text in question with the mouse. It's rather annoying.
>
> I'd say this is a major "pet peeve" issue for me.. It's only popped up
> rather recently.

Nah, it's been around for many years in mozilla.  It seems to come and
go.  I'm sure upstream knows about it.

--
Blast you and your estrogenical treachery!