Re: USB Corless Mouse Not working in X

On Sep 18, Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> In the brave new world of udev, the device node doesn't exist until the
> module is loaded. Hotplug should load mousedev when it detects the
> existence of a mouse, instead. I've no idea if that is actually
> happening, though.
It does, if $X11_USBMICE_HACK is set in /etc/default/hotplug.
I also think it will try to autoload mousedev for every HID mouse device
(see usb.handmap), but I'm not sure.

Then there is the issue of loading the psmouse module, which currently
cannot be autoloaded because kernels lack support for serio hotplugging.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [8054 rinThq0.AqvGY]