Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:43:33PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
>> As to who gabbs about me: The entities are indeed mysterious even to
>> me.
>
>> A small quote from my rejection mail:
>
>> | IMO/IME Goswin doesn't work well with others. Perhaps not to the
>> | extent of e.g. Eray, but never the less, enough to be a
>> | problem. Unfortunately most of the people I asked weren't willing to
>> | go on record with their comments so I'm afraid you'll have to judge
>> | for yourself ...
>
>> As seen just recently here people do come forward in support of
>> me. But the DAM couldn't even find one person willing to come forward
>> against me?
>
> Are you really asking for people who objected to your application to
> come forward publically on this mailing list?

I would expect them to at least tell me if they have a problem with me
so I can change or stop bothering them. A lot of things can be cleared
up over a drink or a pizza resulting in everyone being much
happier. And debian-devel would be the wrong list for NM things
anyway.

Rejection mails are not public unless the rejecty chooses to make it
public. If people feel a NM is not suitable for Debian then they
should have enough conviction to risk getting their opinion made
public by the rejecty or hold their breath.

I also think that as rejecty I'm entitled to face my accusers and I
can take the "their comments" only for what they are: hear-say. But
thats just me.

> --
> Steve Langasek
> postmodern programmer

MfG
        Goswin

PS: contacting an NM and trying to work out problems during the NM
process instead of just tell the DAM to reject him/her would be even
better.