Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 05:12:02AM -0300, Stephen Cormier wrote:
> On September 6, 2004 11:06 pm, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:43:33PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > > As to who gabbs about me: The entities are indeed mysterious even
> > > to me.
> > >
> > > A small quote from my rejection mail:
> > >
> > > As seen just recently here people do come forward in support of
> > > me. But the DAM couldn't even find one person willing to come
> > > forward against me?
> >
> > Are you really asking for people who objected to your application to
> > come forward publically on this mailing list?

> I would say it is an absolute requirement if you are not willing to
> state your objections in public then you have no right to make any.

I wasn't asking you; I was asking Goswin whether *he* wanted people to
air their reasons for objecting on a public mailing list.

> Besides who even knows if there were objections to start with when they
> are not recorded somewhere for all to see and comment on. The person
> involved never gets to hear or defend themselves against accusations
> that may have been made. That would be one hell of a system for
> something as important as choosing a new developer and if it is the
> case as to how it works now then it should be changed. Also as far as I
> can tell this should be against the Debian Social Contract as to not
> hide anything from your users.

Your opinion is noted.  Let me know when you enter the NM queue, so that
I can make my objections to your application public.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer