Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

On September 7, 2004 05:30 am, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 05:12:02AM -0300, Stephen Cormier wrote:
> > On September 6, 2004 11:06 pm, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > > Are you really asking for people who objected to your application
> > > to come forward publically on this mailing list?
> >
> > I would say it is an absolute requirement if you are not willing to
> > state your objections in public then you have no right to make any.
>
> I wasn't asking you; I was asking Goswin whether *he* wanted people
> to air their reasons for objecting on a public mailing list.
>
> > Besides who even knows if there were objections to start with when
> > they are not recorded somewhere for all to see and comment on. The
> > person involved never gets to hear or defend themselves against
> > accusations that may have been made. That would be one hell of a
> > system for something as important as choosing a new developer and
> > if it is the case as to how it works now then it should be changed.
> > Also as far as I can tell this should be against the Debian Social
> > Contract as to not hide anything from your users.
>
> Your opinion is noted.  Let me know when you enter the NM queue, so
> that I can make my objections to your application public.

Oh the typical shut and go away puny user respose thanks for a reasoned
discussion of an issue. I can tell you this if I ever do join I would
definitely want all comments whether good or bad known. Comments made
in secret is one of the worst abuses of an open process there is and if
you cannot see that I really do not know what to say. When I originally
joined this list that was my intent but quite frankly I have been
rather put off by all the BS I see going on and I would image I am not
the only one. If you people spent half as much time and energy on
Debian as the foolishness that goes on here then an already fine system
would be so far ahead of the other distros they would never have a hope
in hell of catching up. BTW nice to know I can count on your objection
before you even know anything about me or I have even applied, it
appears I must thank you again for reinforcing the general stereotype
people have when they think of a Debian user.

Stephen
--
Debian the choice of a GNU generation.

GPG Public Key: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/scormier/publickey.asc