Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 14:59:42 -0700, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>
wrote:
>Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> writes:
>> But there are people who argue that non-DDs can't be trusted and that
>> untrusted uploads and untrusted buildds are harming Debians trust at
>> all. So, they're neglecting my past 4 years work for Debian. Isn't that
>> nice?
>
>I haven't seen anyone saying that they don't trust you in particular.

The messages I have read all had the famous "you're not one of us"
elitist second-class-citizen undertone that has in the past
successfully driven many knowledgeable people away from the project.
Only that it is now driving people away that have already contributed
for years.

To properly document this behavior, we'd need to establish a ranking
system as in Sergeant, Major, General.

Greetings
Marc