Re: Please stop the flamewar madeness.

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 15:39:50 +0200, Christoph Haas <email@christoph-haas.de> said:

> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 06:28:07PM -0400, Travis Crump wrote:
>> I have nothing against flamewars, have all of them you want,
>> because you are right, one man's flamewar is another's rational
>> discussion.

> So true. Some people here choose a 'discussion style' that is very
> insulting. Unless I know most people in private (which is completely
> impossible in this list) I try to choose a tone that doesn't offend
> anyone.

	Which is utterly impossible to do. Point in question: I find
 your patronizing style utterly offensive.

> Just that some people seem to think they are so long in the
> project that they think they don't need to behave. Debian-devel is a
> very bad figurehead for the project.

	Would you care to name names, little one? This style of taking
 pot shots at a large fgroup of people, but hiding behind the shield
 of "I did not name names, so I can't possibly be insulting" is highly
 irritating and insulting.

> I just doubt this thread will change anything. Some folks are so
> pigheaded that they don't even understand what we are talking about.

	Living up on a high horse and callig people who do may happen
 to to understand whatthe hell you are talking about under all these
 circumlocutions and indirections "pigheaded" is trolling, and
 probably flaming.

> The security of anonymity in front of their tubes seems to turn them
> into animals.

	Which ones are these animals, pray? And how can they be
 anonymous, unless they use psuedonyms, like our old freiend John
 Galt?

	I find this vague rants where the ranter is too cowardly to
 actually name the names they are ranting against highly
 irritating. And yes, I do mean you, Mr. Haas.

	manoj
--
If voting could change the system, it would be illegal.  If not voting
could change the system, it would be illegal.