Re: Please stop the flamewar madeness.

Andrew Suffield wrote:
On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 05:20:39PM -0400, Travis Crump wrote:

German quotes 'apology', sponsored Bin-NMUs, debs following Packages files to mirror, etc. While they have all remained relatively civil and constructive, I don't think it is that unreasonable for someone to think they were flamewars.

I find it wholly unreasonable to call a civil discussion a "flamewar",
and I also find objecting to regular discussions to be absurd. What
would the point be then, "Don't talk about things"?

This is not a pissant political arena. We are allowed to talk about
subjects where there is a possibility of a person existing somewhere
who might disagree with something being said.

I have nothing against flamewars, have all of them you want, because you are right, one man's flamewar is another's rational discussion. Just don't try to pretend that they don't exist. Hell, this thread is rapidly devolving into a flamewar.