Re: Please stop the flamewar madeness.

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 17:04:16 -0700, Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> said:

> Andrew Suffield <asuffield@suffields.me.uk> writes:
>> What on *earth* are you referring to? I can see nothing obvious.

> Are you being sarcastic?

> The list is full of unnecessary rudeness.  Just look at the current

	Rudeness? I also take exception to the characterization that
 any such rudeness is unequivocally unnecessary; I would prefer a
 little open frankness (and yes, brutal honesty can be rude) to mealy
 mouthed obsequiousness and observation of the forms that precludes
 telling the emperor that he ahas no clothes on.

> thread where someone pointed out a bug in many mirror scripts, where
> the Packages file is transferred before the .deb files.  For the sin
> of raising this real issue, heaps of insults were piled on the poor
> guy's head.

	The so called poor guy is merely reaping a fraction of the
 wind that he has sowed in wasting the projects time with illogical
 non-bugs; and yes, in this case a few knees jerked in response, but
 the issue was not dismissed out of hand, despite the reporter.

> The whole tone of the list is surprisingly and unnecessarily
> hostile.  It doesn't look like any other developer list I know of,
> and I go way back (10+ years of experience on various free software
> development lists).

	10 years. Oh, I guess that precludes the roaring old times
 when a certain finn wrote that he had  modified an academic operating
 system to his liking, and was roundly told he was a fool, or through
 the gestation of openbsd.

	And you seem to have missed out on the whole usenet thingy. In
 the mean while, we are both contributing to the noise, and not the
 signal, on this mailing list.

	manoj
--
I'm a GENIUS!  I want to dispute sentence structure with SUSAN
SONTAG!!