Re: debconf, readline-frontend and critical notes: How to really stop?

* Frank Küster wrote:

> Halting the install is exactly what I want, because if the warning just
> scrolls by it will be overlooked for sure. But what am I doing wrong
> that it does not halt? I just do
>
> if [ "$display_note" = true ]; then
>   db_subst tetex-bin/changed-default changed_question "$display_question"
>   db_input critical tetex-bin/changed-default || true
>   db_go
> fi

If the user has ever seen this note, it will be arked as "seen" in debconf's
database and not be shown anymore, unless it is running in reconfigure mode.
This is sometime not desirable, so if you need to show that note at all
costs, you can clear this seen flag by:

db_fset tetex-bin/changed-default seen false

Regards,
Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6