Re: shipping unneeded config templates?

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 04:08:43PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> This is the sane thing to do IMHO as well. Please don't ship a /etc/ethers,
> since it is a simple enough file, documented well enough in ethers(5), which
> in turn is documented by everything that would use such a file (or should,
> anyway).

I agree, however I wonder why nobody argues against that. I can think of a
standpoint where it makes sense, that it is good to have all config files
which are interpreted to be generated and possibly filled with some comments
including samples, pointer to usage and documentation.

Well, but since I have two agreements and no nays, I will go ahead and close
the open wishlist bug. With a wontfix.

Greetins
Bernd
--