shipping unneeded config templates?

Hello,

I have  2 bug reports open about nameif and arp having a config file which
is not present (or no action on startup if config file is present).

Especially for /etc/ethers this was intentional, since in many
installations this file will never be needed. Therefore I dont ship the
file, but it is ocumented in the arp(8) man page, that it can be used.

I am curious what the fellow developers think. Should we try to ship as many
conffiles as possible or can we restrit ourself to the essential minimum?

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Mörscher_Strasse_8.76185Karlsruhe.de --