Re: PROPOSAL - REFORMULATED - Create alternative Packages files for each section

Am 2004-08-30 14:45:50, schrieb Goswin von Brederlow:

> It takes minutes to start up "apt-get install foobar", just parsing
> the cached Packages file. For slow systems a smaller Packages file
> means a faster apt and you realy don't want to run kde or gnome on
> them anyway.

This is wha I have suggested to split the "Packages" file
in "Header" and "Desription"...

Make a small Script and filte the Descripton to /dev/null
and see the size of the resulting "Packages"  :-)

I think, we do not need more the spiting in two files.

> MfG
>         Goswin

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi