Re: Noteedit, Finale, and testing

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:19:59AM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:

> > Maybe we should give the community more time for adopting upstream
> > before removing the package entirely. Finally, it doesn't have open
> > RC-bugs. Until there is an urgent need, the pressure for potential
> > upstream adopters of a working program is low.
>
>   No open RC bugs is no guarantor of future non-RC-bugginess.

There are tons of sw in Debian without an active upstream and some
of them are also orphaned or so. If those programs work I see no
reasons to force removing. Of course, when valid alternatives comes
out they are progressively abandoned by users and they
become candidate for removing, but that's a slow process. I don't
think noteedit is among those ones now, on the basis of previous
messages.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine