Re: PROPOSAL - REFORMULATED - Create alternative Packages files for each section

Am 2004-08-27 12:51:49, schrieb Matthew Palmer:

> If it's only going to be used by the uber-l33t, you can drop the need for
> section descriptions, and explicit dependencies, and just say "you can work
> it out for yourself".  For machines tracking unstable (where Packages files
> are changing regularly), that might actually be useful -- at least until you
> realise that tracking unstable involves downloading a lot of very large
> debs on a regular basis, and therefore the Packages file isn't big bikkies.

I think, for machines tracking UNSTABLE, it will be nice
to have a TWO-Weekly "Packages" and then 13 daily patches.

This will be very economic.

Curently I am downloading every day the Packages.gz and
Sources.gz from SID (main only)

> - Matt

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi