Re: PROPOSAL - REFORMULATED - Create alternative Packages files for each section

Am 2004-08-26 21:35:45, schrieb Daniel Ruoso:

> Yes and no, because I think the user should still have the choice to not
> download a section even if some packages in the selected sections
> depends on it. Because I may want to don't install some packages of that
> section, installing only the packages that doesn't have the dependency
> broken.

???  -  What do you want ???

Staticly liked binaries ?

> apt-cache would search on the available packages (from the sections I
> decided to download). p.d.o already tells me in which section the
> package is, so is just a matter of downloading that section's packages
> file.

So you mean, a person which has no money to buy a bigger Computer
as a 486dx33 with 8 MByte of memory, has the money to connect via
an expensive POT to get informations about one Package by
contacting p.d.o ?

This is crazy !

For some years I had a 33.600 Modem and downloaded tonns of stuff
with it... Without any problems...

> daniel

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi