Re: There, I think I got it

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:

> In this case, I did it intentionally, because the message gave
> information which might be useful to people outside this context, and
> those who may have skipped the thread would otherwise miss it.

The subject line provides no useful information whatsoever. If you are
going to break threads, make sure that the subject line actually
provides some context. However, it's better to not break them in the
first place - simply change the subject in that thread, and then people
can read it if they're interested.

> I'm afraid occasional thread-breaking is just something you'll have to
> put up with, because it's unlikely to go away.

Ignoring social convention won't win you friends. While you're welcome
to carry on breaking threads, it certainly gives the impression of some
degree of technical cluelessness.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org