Re: Is this a serious bug?

Hello

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:14:31PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:01:01PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I saw this serious bug, #268068, in the package backuppc. As I'm
> > maintainer of wwwconfig-common I really want to know if this is
> > a release critical bug or not. I assume that it is not but I need
> > to know. Because if it is then most packages that depend on
> > wwwconfig-common will have RC bugs in them, including my own.
>
> The maintainer MUST ask whether to modify any apache config, it's not
> wwwconfig-common's fault that it doesn't do that itself, but any package
> using wwwconfig-common to mangle httpd.conf (which is deprecated anyway,
> but that's besides this point) MUST ask before doing so. Maybe I didn't
> pay attention enough, but most packages I encountered did ask during
> configure time which apache flavours to install the package for, and
> this is IMHO sufficient asking for permission to mangle httpd.conf.
> A package not asking this, however, is IMHO broken.

Ahh of course. Asking that should be sufficient, yes.

This bug should be fairly easy to fix. :)

I'll cc that bug with this information.

Regards,

// Ola

> --Jeroen
>
> --
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar
> Jeroen@wolffelaar.nl (also for Jabber & MSN; ICQ: 33944357)
> http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl

/  opal@debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |