Re: PROPOSAL - REFORMULATED - Create alternative Packages files for each section

Otavio Salvador wrote:
:: || On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:11:02 -0300
:: || Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> wrote:

:: What all thinks about?

	I'm sending a few 'raw' ideas and opinions, I
hope it helps. :o)

	I was thinking about the future and considering
the fact that probably we will keep growing (and growing
fast). If we choice to stay using text files, probably
we will face this situation in short period of time.

	We could keep the Packages file for backward
compatibility. Perhaps we can compress it? Or create
a compressed version?

	And what about to use alternative "storage"
like DBs and XML? We have SQLite that could be useful.
Anyway, probably would be better if we provide some
alternative to Sarge and try to find a better solution
to stable-after-sarge.

	I also think in split Packages file fields
and create an index between then, build a Depends file
that should be used to keep the consistency.

	Well, just a few ideas in the brainstorm.

	Best regards,

--
/////
// Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)