Re: dpkg / apt equivalent to 'rpm -qf'?

John Hasler wrote:
> Paul Gear writes:
>
>>...when i come to a config file that is important to the running of a
>>package, i expect that there should be some way to trace it back to the
>>fact that relates to the package.
>

> Please read the thread from the beginning.

I started the thread.  ;-)

> That is precisely what we are talking about.

What you said was "We are talking about files the contents of which are
created by maintainer scripts."  My point was that it doesn't matter
what creates it (the package or the maintainer script), it's
counter-intuitive that you can't track back from a file to its related
application.

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>